Monday, November 30, 2009

Type Portraits
















These are my type portraits I had to do. The first picture is my shape portrait. We had to make a self-portrait using only letters as shapes. I had to use different fonts and sizes to create the picture, but I believe this is the strongest of mine out of all three.
The second picture is my line portrait. This was somewhat difficult and took a good amount of time to do. I am happy with the way it looks but it could look better. I used song lyrics to outline everything; Guster's "My Satellite."
The last one was the most difficult for me, the value picture. I had to shade everything in with words and it took forever. I had to use different fonts and different sizes, as well as changing the kerning/leading. I got really frustrated with this one because it was so time consuming and and it didn't really come out the way I wanted it to. Again, if I would have spent more time on it, the result would have been better. I used song lyrics for this portrait as well; Shinedown's "Second Chance."

No comments:

Post a Comment