Monday, November 30, 2009

Time and Place Project




I found the bottom picture while i was digging through my grandmother's old photographs. This is a picture of my great grandmother's neighbor, taken somewhere in steel city. Since it is a snapshot of the entire body, I thought it would be challenging. It really caught my attention; I love the car behind the woman. I found out that it was taken in the 50's and I got all dressed up. It was extremely difficult for me to get the right pose, and to match the colors on the computer. The black of the skirt was a completely different type than that of the car in the background. The skin tones were difficult as well. The lady's skin is so whitewashed from the sun, so i had to select all of my skin to lighten it. The shadows were also hard, I didn't want to add too much. I found this project very tedious and somewhat frustrating, but is probably my favorite project I've done in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment