Monday, November 30, 2009

Dreamscape Project






I had a lot of fun with this project. I decided to go with a travel/nature theme because I love both. I love traveling and there are so many places that I want to see; especially Egypt and London. The big clock tower from London took forever to do when I had to select it out of the other picture. I like the background because it reminds me of taking road trips, which I also enjoy. The sky is actually part of Dan Chihuly's glass art. He is an amazing glass artist who decorates ceilings with thousands of glass pieces. There are a couple places in the U.S. that I would like to visit that showcase his work; such as the one in San Francisco or Las Vegas. I just changed the color and opacity on it so it still resembled a sky. There is a globe too, with a hiker going around it. That's what I would like to do, go all around the world. The trees are really nice, they are actually brushes that I got off of brusheezy.com. I think they really finished this piece nicely. The cracks in the road were also brushes from that site, they add small details to the road so its not so plain. They symbolize my troubles in getting to visit those places so far. Hopefully that will change in my future and I will get to these destinations. The only other thing I did was enhance the color so that everything has more of a bluish tint to it. Blue is a nice, relaxing color and reminds me of traveling. I think this project came out really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment